VanCity Dance Covid-19 Plan
1. Our dance studio will have one employee present at the entrance who will be in charge of restricting access to only those who are registered for the given class. All spectators, parents of children, and other personnel will be instructed to remain in their vehicles until the class has finished. Upon the completion of each 60-minute class, there will be a 15 minute turnaround period to disinfect the floor. We will be refraining from using any equipment for the time being.
2. To ensure proper social distancing, there will be a maximum occupancy of 16 people in the dance studio (including instructor), with a clearly marked “X” for where the patrons will stand. The employee in charge of access control will remain downstairs to prevent anyone else from entering. A 15-minute turnaround after each class will be implemented to ensure proper disinfection of all surfaces.
3. Clear signs will be posted at the entry of the business to inform all patrons to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms of sickness. Also, they will be instructed to line up outside whilst keeping a 2m distance, and upon entering, to go to one of the clearly marked “X” symbols on the ground and place their belongings on the disinfected floor in front of them. Hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray, and disinfectant wipes will be provided to all patrons upon entry.
4. There will be 2 employees present at the dance studio for each class (instructor, and access control). When the patrons line up outside prior to each class, both individuals will go outside and ask all of the screening questions to determine if anyone is experiencing symptoms of covid-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, painful swallowing, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, loss of appetite). Anyone who answers yes will be refused entry and instructed to immediately return home or call 811. Anyone living with someone who is sick, self-isolating, or quarantined will also be refused entry and instructed to return home.
5. There will be visible markers and signs that will encourage patrons to form a queue that will satisfy social distancing guidelines.
6. All staff will be screened prior to every work to ensure that if anyone is experiencing any symptoms of sickness, they will be instructed to stay home and call 811 if necessary.
7. All entry, exit, check-ins, and payments will be completely contactless.
8. Hand sanitizer will be provided to all patrons, and use will be encouraged before, during, and after each class.
9. We will be using a 500 parts per million chlorine disinfectant solution using bleach and water, as per the Health Canada guidelines.
10. Although we will be restricting the use of any equipment to reduce the risk of infection, disinfectant wipes and sprays will be readily available and their use will be encouraged throughout the class.
11. There will be a 2 metre distance between all patrons, which will be ensured by clearly marked “X” symbols on the floor.
12. Through the use of signs, symbols on the floor, and verbal instruction, patrons will be instructed to stand at their designated spots, put their belongings in front of them, and avoid congregating. All conversations will be had standing at your designated spots.
13. Patrons will remain 2 metres apart during all classes, with a 15 minute turn around to ensure proper sanitation and disinfection of all surfaces.
14. Our downstairs dance studio will be closed for the time being, since it is too small to follow social distancing guidelines.
15. Our change rooms and bathrooms will be closed for the time being, patrons will be notified prior to the classes.
16. No food service will be offered.
17. All water refill stations will be closed for the time being.
18. Since there is a maximum capacity for in-person classes, we may offer online classes to those who may not be able to attend.